Baileys Iced Latte Recipe
This Baileys Iced Latte is the perfect drink during a hot summer day! The recipe is for all my coffee lovers out there that wanna give their iced latte a little boozy twist. This recipe is also perfect for parties or to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
- Ice Cubes: To keep the drink nice and cool
- Espresso: We are using 1-2 espressos which is around 0.5-1dl. It depends on how strong you want the coffee part to be in your latte. I personally prefer 2 espressos, some friends of mine prefer it with 1 espresso shot. The Iced Latte is even better if you use cold brew. Make it yourself or buy some at the store. Using cold brew will also make the coffee taste less bitter.
- Baileys: For the boozy twist
- Milk: It ain’t no latte without latte^^
Expert tips to be successful when making this iced Baileys latte:
- Keep it cold: To make sure your Iced Latte will really be cold I recommend cooling both the coffee and the baileys in the fridge for at least an hour. We also add ice to the glass to keep the drink cold while sipping. However, the ice waters down the drink if you don’t drink it fast enough! If you’re a slow sipper like me just really keep the ingredients cooled!
- Sweetener: If you like your coffee on the sweet side then add some sugar to the warm espresso and let it dissolve before you let the coffee cool down.
How to make This Baileys Iced Latte Recipe
This recipe is super quick and simple.
First make sure you have ice cubes frozen and ready in the freezer.
Now make your espresso if you use fresh one. Depending on how much you like the taste of coffee you can do 1 or 2 shots of espresso which is approximately 0.5dl per shot. If you want it sweeter you can now add sugar to the hot coffee. Put the coffee into the fridge for an hour or till completely cooled.
Fill a cup or glas that can hold about 5dl (2 cups) and fill it with ice cubes. Pour milk into a cup till it is filled up to about 2/3 of the glas (about 3dl). Add 0.5dl Baileys to the milk. Then pour in the cooled espresso shots. If you pour in the liquids in this order you will get those nice layers of white and brown which will look sweet when serving it to others. Now all you have to do is stir so the coffee, milk and baileys are nicely combined and enjoy!
Here is a quick video that shows you how to make this Baileys Iced Latte! Cheers!
Frequently asked questions:
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead?
A: It is not recommended to make this recipe ahead as the ice will water down the drink. However, you can make your coffee ahead and freeze it in an ice cube tray. Then remove your frozen coffee from the freezer and use it instead of the ice cubes. Let it sit for a while to get the coffee flavor into your drink and you have a quick and super cold Baileys ices latte that is not watered down.
Q: Can I use plant based milk for this Baileys iced latte?
A: Yes, you can use any milk you like. Plant based milk often has a strong flavor of its own tough which will affect the flavor of the latte.
Baileys Iced Latte
- Ice cubes
- 1-2 Freshly brewed espresso/s cooled (approximately 0.5-1 dl)
- 0.5 dl Baileys
- Add ice to the cup so it is nicely filled.
- Pour in milk till about 2/3 of the cup is filled.
- Add baileys to the cup.
- Add the espresso. Depending on your taste add one or 2. I personally like my coffee with lots of milk and am not a big fan of the bitterness. So I keep it at one. The more you add the more coffee you taste.
- Stir and enjoy
- Cool your coffee and Baileys in the fridge to get the drink extra cold.
- Instead of freshly brewed coffee make or buy cold brew. This will be less bitter.
- If you don’t like your drink getting watery remove the ice cubes after a while or leave them out completely. If you cooled the ingredients it will still be a refreshing drink. Ice is just more fun when stirring. 😉
- If you like your coffee sweeter just add some sugar to the warm coffee, let it dissolve and then cool the coffee.