Best Cherry Smash Cocktail Recipe
This is the best Cherry Smash Cocktail recipe ever. The cherries and dark rum make it a super fresh and sweet cocktail yet you get a spiciness from the Ginger beer! A super simple cocktail for your weekend pleasure.
For this cherry smash cocktail recipe you do need a few ingredients. We have sweet and spicy components that mix together into an amazing flavor profile. The following ingredients are needed:
- Cherries: Make sure you pit and cut them in half before you use them
- Raw cane sugar: The cane sugar will give your cocktail some sweetness. You can omit this if the drink is to sweet for you from the cherries and rum. If you can not get cane sugar you can simply use normal sugar. However, I personally prefer the flavor of cane sugar in cocktails.
- Peppermint leaves: You will need fresh mint leaves, Remove them from the stem and make sure they are clean. I highly recommend using fresh leaves straight out of your garden.
- Lemon juice: The lemon juice will help cut trough the sweetness with its citrusy flavor.
- Ice: To keep the cocktail cold.
- Dark rum: The ingredient making this a boozy cocktail. As a sweet and spicy alcohol it goes perfectly with the sweet cherries and spicy ginger beer.
- Ginger beer: The ginger beer gives the cocktail the extra kick with its spicy flavor profile.
This might look like a lot of ingredients but trust me, the recipe is super easy and quick to make!
How to make a Cherry Smash cocktail
Alright, are you ready to experience a whole new flavor explosion? Get your ingredients ready and lets make this cocktail!
First, add the cherries, cane sugar, peppermint leaves and lemon to a glas. Mash everything together with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon if you don’t own one. Make sure you get all the cherries. You want all the cherry juices in your drink!
Next add some ice to your glas to keep your drink nice and cool. It doesn’t matter how much ice you add. Basically you can fill glas, just make sure there is enough space for the rum and ginger beer.
Now, lets get the booze in shall we? Add the 6cl rum. We are using dark rum here to get some spices in and use it as the component bringing the sweetness and spiciness together.
As a last step you fill up the glas with the ginger beer and serve! If you don’t use up the ginger beer simply keep adding the rest of it to the cocktail once there is space in it again while you drink it.
- 5 Cherries pitted and cut in half
- 1 tsp Natural cane sugar
- 6 Mint leaves
- 1 cl Lemon juice
- 6 cl Dark Rum
- 1 Ginger beer
- Add the cherries, cane sugar, peppermint leaves and lemon juice to a glas. Mash everything with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add some ice (as much as you like)
- Add the rum.
- Fill the glas up with the ginger beer. Now you can add some mint leaves as decoration if you want and enjoy your cocktail!