Passoa Orange Cocktail Recipe
This Passoa Orange Cocktail is a super simple yet delicious. A sweet and citrusy cocktail for which you only need two ingredients.
This cocktail is actually the first ever cocktail I had when I started drinking alcohol a few years back. It brings many memories back and I always love to make a glas for me and friends from time to time. It is a very refreshing, easy to drink cocktail and amazing for hot summer days. Just like most alcohols you start drinking with in the beginning this is a very sweet mixture with which you won’t feel the alcohol itself until it actually hits you. So, please be careful drinking this cocktail, give it some time to set in. Drink responsibly!
This cocktail is very simple and only needs 2 ingredients and some ice.
- Orange Juice
Passoa is a passion fruit liqueur from France. It is a very sweet alcohol, be careful you won’t feel the alcohol until it is to late. Drink it in moderation and let it sit for a while.
Make sure your juice a good quality orange juice. it doesn’t matter if you choose one with or without pulp, that is totally up to you and what your preferences are.
You will need ice when shaking the drink to make it nice and cool. It is optional to use some ice in the finished cocktail when pouring into the glas.
How to make a Passoa Orange Cocktail
This cocktail is a shaken drink as it contains a citrus component.
Get a shaker and add some ice. Then pour in the Passoa and orange juice. In this cocktail we work with a 1/3 to 2/3 ratio. Pour in 1/3 Passoa and 2/3 orange juice.
If you want to measure properly I suggest you take an easy number. So, lets say we make a 6dl cocktail. Pour in 2dl Passoa and 4dl orange juice. Now shake well! I usually wing it and pour it in freely. It helps when you pour it into a glas to see when you have about 1/3. Then add the shaker on top of the glas, make sure it sticks together well and shake.
if you want you can add some ice to the glas you serve the coktail in.
Pour the drink into a high glas. Make sure your shaker has a sieve. If it does not then pour your cocktail trough a sieve to keep the ice back. The ice will break in shaker and you don’t want that in your finished coktail.
Passoa Orange Cocktail
- ⅓ Passoa (check notes)
- ⅔ Orange Juice (check notes)
- Add some ice to your shaker.
- Add Passoa and orange juice to the shaker. For the mix we use the following ratio: 1/3 Passoa and 2/3 orange juice. Check notes for more information.
- Close your shaker and shake well.
- If you want you can add some ice to the serving glas now. This is optional tough.
- Pour the drink into a glas trough a sieve.
- Make sure your use a good quality orange juice. it doesn’t matter if you choose one with or without pulp, that is totally up to you and what your preferences are.
- You will need ice when shaking the drink to make it nice and cool. It is optional to use some ice in the finished cocktail when pouring into the glas.
- The drink ratio: If you want to measure properly I suggest you take an easy number. So, lets say we make a 6dl cocktail. Pour in 2dl Passoa and 4dl orange juice. I usually wing it and pour it in freely. It helps when you pour it into a glas to see when you have about 1/3. Then add the shaker on top of the glas, make sure it sticks together well and shake.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
14 thoughts on “Passoa Orange Cocktail Recipe”
This cocktail is so delicious! I had never tried passoa before but the passion fruit flavor is so good with orange juice!! Serving this at my birthday brunch party later this month!
Yeyy, I am so happy to hear that I could introduce you to Passoa and that you love it so much! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review.
I hope you are gonna have a wonderful birthday party 😀
This Passoa Orange Cocktail is delicious and simple to make!
perfect weekend drinks over brunch!
Such a refreshing and relaxing drink to end the day.
Hi I checked the notes for Pasoa but didnt see anything or did I miss it. Im new to trying making cocktails at home and would love to guve this a try. 🙂
Thank you so much for asking. You can find all the info above in the post 🙂 I simply just explained real quick what Passoa is for the ones that do not know the liquor yet. Hope this helped. Let me know if you have any other questions.
This will be super delicious and refreshing at the cottage this summer!
This was an exceptionally good and refreshing cocktail. I am saving the recipe to make it again.
Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving your review. I am so happy to hear that you loved this Passoa orange cocktail and want to make it again!
So lovely and fruity – perfect for summer!
OMG! I need to find some of this magical passoa immediately! I LOVE Passion fruit!
So refreshing! I love passoa
I made this over the weekend and it was incredibly delicious!