Made with a homemade raspberry thyme syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a hint of fresh thyme, this raspberry thyme lemonade is both sweet and tart with a delicious herbal twist. Perfect for serving at your next backyard BBQ or simply enjoying on your porch swing. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the taste of summer in a glass!
❤️Why you will love this recipe
- Refreshing and perfect for a hot summer day: The sweet and tart flavors of this lemonade, combined with the hint of fresh thyme, make it a delicious and refreshing drink that's perfect for cooling down on a hot day.
- Made with fresh ingredients: This recipe uses freshly squeezed lemon juice, homemade raspberry syrup infused with thyme, and fresh thyme sprigs to create a drink that's bursting with flavor and all-natural ingredients.
- Easy to make: With just a few simple steps, this recipe is easy to follow and can be made in no time at all. It's a great option for a last-minute addition to a BBQ, picnic, or any summer gathering.
- Customizable to your taste: You can adjust the sweetness and tartness of the lemonade to your liking by adding more or less syrup or lemon juice. You can also play around with the amount of thyme to get the perfect balance of flavors.
- A unique twist on classic lemonade: The addition of raspberry syrup infused with thyme adds a unique twist to the classic lemonade recipe that will impress your guests and make it stand out from other summer drinks.
Overall, this Raspberry Thyme Lemonade recipe is a delicious and refreshing drink that's perfect for any summer occasion. It's easy to make, customizable, and bursting with all-natural flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
If you like this recipe you should also try my Rosemary Peach Lemonade!
- Raspberry Syrup infused with thyme: A homemade syrup based on my raspberry syrup made with raspberries, water, sugar, and fresh thyme sprigs, which adds a sweet and tart flavor to the lemonade with a hint of herbal aroma.
- Lemons: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is used to give the lemonade its signature tartness and tangy flavor.
- Water: This is the base of the lemonade and helps to dilute the sweetness of the raspberry syrup and lemon juice.
- Fresh Thyme: Fresh thyme sprigs are used to infuse the lemonade with a subtle herbal flavor and aroma that perfectly complements the raspberry and lemon flavors.
- Ice: This is optional but will help cooling your drink.
👩🏻🍳How to prepare the thyme infused raspberry lemonade
Note: that this is just a short description of the recipe. Find the more detailed step-by-step recipe in the recipe card.
Infuse the raspberry syrup with thyme if you haven't done that ahead of time yet.
Next, assemble the Lemonade.
Mix the lemon juice and thyme infused raspberry syrup in a pitcher.
Fill the pitcher up with water.
Cool in the fridge or add some ice and serve.
This Raspberry Thyme Lemonade is a versatile drink that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a variety of summer dishes. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Serve it at a BBQ or picnic: This lemonade pairs well with grilled meats, burgers, hot dogs, and other BBQ classics. It's a refreshing drink that will help to balance out the richness of these dishes.
- Enjoy it with a summer salad: It is also a great pairing with light and fresh summer salads. It complements the fresh flavors of the salad and provides a refreshing contrast to the veggies.
- Serve it at a brunch: Pair it with some pastries or brunch classics like eggs benedict or avocado toast to make for a delicious meal.
Overall, this Raspberry Thyme Lemonade is a great drink to serve with a variety of summer dishes or enjoyed on its own. Get creative and experiment with different pairings to find the perfect combination for your taste!
To store this Raspberry Thyme Lemonade, pour any remaining lemonade into an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. The lemonade can be stored for up to 3 days, but it's best to consume it within the first 24-48 hours for optimal freshness and flavor. If the lemonade separates after being stored, simply give it a good stir or shake before serving.
Here are some variations to try:
- Fizzy: Swap still water for sparkling water or mix half water and half tonic water to create a fizzy version of the lemonade. The bubbles add a fun twist to the drink and make it even more refreshing.
- Boozy: You can use this lemonade as a base for a refreshing summer cocktail. Simply add a shot of vodka, gin or tequila to the lemonade, give it a good shake and pour over ice. Garnish with a lemon slice and thyme sprig for a fancy touch.
- Half & Half: Combine two summer favorites by replacing half of the water with iced tea. This variation adds a subtle tea flavor and a touch of sweetness to the lemonade, creating a perfectly balanced drink.
💭Frequently asked questions
Q: Can I make the lemonade ahead of time?
A: It is possible to prepare the lemonade in advance and store it in the refrigerator until needed.
Q: Can I make this recipe without thyme?
A: Yes, you can omit the thyme if you don't have any or don't like the flavor. However, the thyme adds a unique herbal aroma and flavor to the drink.
Q: Is it possible to use other sweeteners besides sugar in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can substitute sugar with other sweeteners like honey or agave nectar, but keep in mind that this may change the taste of the final product.
Q: Can I make a big batch of this recipe?
A:m Certainly! Although the recipe yields a substantial amount of lemonade, it can be effortlessly scaled up by doubling or tripling the ingredients. Just make sure to adjust the measurements accordingly, mix the ingredients together in a larger pitcher or container, and enjoy your bigger batch of Raspberry Thyme Lemonade.
Q: Do I need to use fresh thyme or can I use dried thyme instead?
A: While fresh thyme is recommended for this recipe, you can substitute it with dried thyme if that's all you have on hand. However, keep in mind that the flavor of the lemonade might be slightly different if using dried thyme, so you may need to adjust the amount used to your preference.
More recipes you might like
Raspberry Thyme Lemonade
- Small Saucepan with lid
- Citrus Juicer
- Knife and Cutting Board
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- ½ batch Raspberry Syrup infused with thyme
- 5 Lemons
- 7 dl Water
- Thyme fresh
Raspberry Thyme Syrup
- Start by making the raspberry syrup infused with thyme, if you haven't done so already. To make the syrup, follow the instructions for my raspberry syrup recipe and simply add a sprig of thyme to the pot before bringing it to a boil. Let the syrup cool completely before using.½ batch Raspberry Syrup
- Juice the lemons and strain out any pulp or seeds.5 Lemons
- In a large pitcher, combine the lemon juice, raspberry thyme syrup, and water. Stir well to combine.½ batch Raspberry Syrup, 7 dl Water
- Taste the lemonade and adjust the sweetness and tartness to your liking. You can add more water if you prefer a lighter flavor or more syrup if you prefer a sweeter taste.
- Add ice to the pitcher and serve or chill the lemonade in the fridge until it's cold and refreshing.Ice
- To serve, fill glasses with ice and pour the raspberry thyme lemonade over the top. Garnish with additional thyme sprigs, if desired.Thyme
US Customary conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.