Quick No Fail Mayonnaise
This homemade quick no fail mayonnaise will be the star on your table! This recipe is not only super quick and easy but also way better than store-bought mayo. This mayonnaise is super creamy and can get used in so many ways.
Since years my mom makes an amazing homemade mayonnaise during summer and I can not get enough! If you have never had homemade mayonnaise then you are missing out! Homemade mayo is super creamy and so much more flavorful than store-bought one.
In this post I am showing you how to make my moms creamy, delicious mayo within minutes. Yes you heard right, this mayonnaise recipe only needs a few minutes. To make it you will need a hand blender and a slim, high jar. So next to being super simple and quick you also only need to clean your blender and the jar. Who can say no to easy, quick and no mess? The answer is no-one!
Ingredients for this quick no fail mayonnaise:
This recipe only needs a few simple ingredients you normally always have around the house:
- Egg: To make mayonnaise you need raw eggs. We use the whole egg instead of just the egg yolk to save the separating step.
- Garlic cloves: This recipes uses 2 medium garlic cloves. This is what I usually use when making it for the family. If you are a garlic lover like me you can add more garlic tough. If you want to make your mayo extra special then roast your garlic beforehand.
- Dijon mustard: The mustard is important to keep the mayonnaise stable and prevent the mayo from braking apart. You can basically use any mustard you want. My go to is Dijon mustard tough. If you want a more sweeter mayo I also recommend a honey mustard. This totally depends on what you like. Try different mustards and use the one you like the most.
- Salt & pepper: We need some more flavor next to the garlic. This is just the basic seasoning. I will introduce some additional flavors to step up your mayo game.
- Sunflower oil: We use sunflower oil as it barely has any flavor to it. You can use other oils if you want, I have not tested it with others tough. It is important that the oil you use is one you like the flavor of as the oil makes out a big part in this mayonnaise and can easily overpower the other flavors.
How to make Quick No Fail Mayonnaise:
Ok so if I say this recipe is quick as hell and super simple I ain’t lying! You literally only need a minute!
You will need a hand blender and a slim, high jar. Make sure your jar is only slightly wider than your hand blender so the hand blender will just fit into it.
Simply add all ingredients to the jar. Put your blender into the jar all the way to the bottom. Turn it on and slowly pull the blender up. While you pull it up it will instantly make your mayo. As the jar is only slightly wider than the blender nothing will splatter around and the ingredients can get incorporated with each other easily without breaking the mayo. Taste the mayonnaise and add some more seasoning if needed.
Instantly serve or put a lid on and store the mayonnaise in the fridge.
Switch it up:
This mayonnaise recipe is only the base for a simple mayonnaise. However, you can always switch it up and make it more interesting.
- Herby Mayo: Mix some chopped up herbs into the finished mayo.
- Curry Mayo: Add some curry powder instead of the salt and pepper
- Pesto Mayo: I have not tested it yet but saw others do it. Just add some pesto on top of the mustard and mix.
- Roasted Garlic Mayo: As suggested above roast your garlic beforehand and use that one instead of normal garlic cloves. Make sure the garlic is cold or else you risk cooking the egg!
Use this mayonnaise for this Egg Salad On Toast Recipe – Oh Sweet Cultureshock.
Can you make this recipe ahead?
You can totally make this mayo ahead. However, I would only recommend making it a few hours ahead. As it has fresh eggs in it the mayo won’t stay good and fresh for long. See storage section for that.
If you don’t use your mayonnaise immediately put a lid on your jar and keep the mayo in the fridge. As the mayonnaise contains fresh, raw eggs it will only be good for 1 to maximum 2 days! This is the only downside of fresh mayonnaise. However, this recipe makes just enough to use in one day for a family.
Do not want to use raw eggs?
I know for some it might be weird to use raw eggs in a recipe and eat it. If you do not want to do that my friend Freya from Sweeter Than Oats has an amazing vegan Mayonnaise
Quick No Fail Mayonnaise
- Hand Blender
- Slim, high jar
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 pinches salt
- 2.5 dl sunflower oil
- Add all ingredients to the jar.
- Put your blender into the jar all the way to the bottom. Turn it on and slowly pull the blender up. While you pull it up it will instantly make your mayo. This only works when you use a slim jar that is slightly wider than your hand blender.
- Taste the mayonnaise and add some more seasoning if needed.
- Instantly serve or put a lid on and store the mayonnaise in the fridge.