Radish Spring Bruschetta Recipe
This Spring Bruschetta the perfect addition to your Easter brunch! With only a few simple ingredients this recipe is super quick and easy to assemble. A soft slice of bread topped with herby cream cheese, crunchy lettuce, fresh radishes and hard boiled egg and all that topped off with salt, pepper and chives makes a snack packed with the best spring flavors
Why you will love this bruschetta recipe
- Great make-ahead recipe
- Ideal for an Easter brunch
This recipe could not be any easier to make! With only a few simple and easy avaiable ingredients it is assembled in no time! There is no soggy sauce so making this spring appetizer ahead of time is absolutely no problem!
Ingredients needed for this fresh spring bruschetta
- Bread: Use any bread you like for this bruschetta.
- Cream Cheese: Normal cream cheese like Philadelphia works just fine. However, it is highly recommended to use Philadelphia with herbs as it is what we always use for this reipe.
- Lettuce: Use any kind of seasonal lettuce.
- Radishes: The ultimate spring ingredient to have in your appetizer.
- Eggs: Being a popular ingredient used during Spring due to Easter we need some eggs on our bruschetta.
- Chive: The chive is for seasoning and have that extra pizzazz on top of the bruschetta.
Chefs tip: Use a fresh, soft sourdough bread to make the ultimate bruschetta!
Step by step instructions
Make sure you have your eggs boiled before starting with this recipe.
How to boil eggs:
- Fill a saucepan with water about as high till the eggs would be covered with the water. Do not add the eggs yet tough!
- Bring the water to a rapid boil on high heat.
- Turn off the heat. With a spoon add the eggs to the water and cover the pan with a lid.
- As we want hard boiled eggs set the timer to 10 minutes.
- While the eggs cook fill a bowl with ice cold water. This will be used to cool the eggs so they do not keep cooking on the inside.
- After 10 minutes add you eggs to the cold water and let them completely cool.
Hard boiled eggs are good for about 2 days if kept in the fridge with the shell on to prevent germs from getting on the egg.
How to assemble the Spring Bruschetta
Spread the Philadelphia on the slices of bread.
Add the lettuce and then the radishes on top.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cut the egg in half or into slices and place them on the slices of bread.
Season everything with chives and some more salt & pepper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead?
A: Yes, absolutely! In fact, this recipe is ideal to make ahead! Perfect for an Easter brunch or to go with your afternoon tea. Simply prepare the slice of bread with all the toppings ecept the eggs. Keep the hard boiled egg with the shell still on it. Peel them before serving. You can also prepare all the ingredients and keep them in separate bowls in the fridge and assemble them real quick before serving to get the ultimate freshness.
The hard boiled eggs are good for about 2 days.
Q: What kind of lettuce should I use?
A: You really can use any kind of lettuce you like. My preference for this recipe is lambs lettuce.
More delicious recipes you might like:
Spring Bruschetta with radishes
- 8 slices Bread
- 1 package Cream Cheese (ex. Philadelphia) with herbs
- 1 handful Lettuce
- 8 Radishes
- 4 Eggs hard boiled
- Salt & Pepper
- Make sure to cook you eggs before starting to assemble this bruschetta. Find instructions on how to cook a hard boiled egg up in the post.
Assemble the Bruschetta
- Evenly spread the cream cheese on the slices of bread.
- Add the lettuce and then the radishes on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the egg in half or into slices. Then put them on top of the radishes on the slices of bread.
- Season everything with chives and some more salt & pepper.