Discover the irresistible combination of Egg Salad on Toast, a delicious and straightforward recipe that brings together diced hard-boiled eggs and a creamy mayonnaise dressing. With its creamy texture and flavorful taste, the egg salad is generously spread over toasted bread, creating a satisfying contrast of flavors and textures. Perfect for a quick and tasty lunch, a delightful brunch option, or a portable snack for picnics, Egg Salad on Toast is a versatile dish that will leave you wanting more.
Just like with chocolate chip cookies I often get huge cravings for egg salad! Specifically my family's egg salad on buttery toast! Since years my mom makes this recipe and I am addicted to it! We actually always keep hard boiled eggs in our fridge just in case someone will get cravings again.
❤️Why you will love this recipe
- Creamy and satisfying: The combination of diced hard-boiled eggs and homemade mayonnaise creates a creamy and luscious texture that will melt in your mouth with every bite.
- Quick and easy: With just a handful of ingredients and simple steps, this recipe is incredibly easy to whip up in no time, making it perfect for a quick breakfast, lunch, or snack option.
- Versatile customization: While the base recipe is already fantastic on its own, you have the option to customize it to your liking.
- Perfectly balanced flavors: The mayonnaise, salt, and pepper work harmoniously together, elevating the natural taste of the eggs without overpowering them. Each ingredient complements the other, resulting in a perfectly balanced flavor profile.
- Comfort food at its finest: There's something inherently comforting about the combination of egg salad and toast. The buttery, crisp toast provides a satisfying crunch, while the creamy egg salad adds a comforting element that will warm your heart and bring back nostalgic memories.
- Versatile meal option: This recipe is versatile enough to be enjoyed in various ways. Serve it as an open-faced sandwich for a light lunch, as a quick and delicious breakfast option, or even as a party appetizer by cutting the toast into bite-sized pieces.
- Portable and convenient: Need a grab-and-go option? Pack the egg salad separately from the toast, and assemble it just before enjoying. It's a convenient and portable meal that you can take with you on picnics, road trips, or to the office.
So, get ready to indulge in the irresistible combination of flavors and textures that this Egg Salad on Toast recipe offers. It's a true crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone craving for more!
You'll need a few basic kitchen tools and equipment to ensure a smooth and enjoyable cooking experience. Here's what you'll need:
- Bowl: A large bowl is essential for mixing the diced eggs, mayonnaise, and seasonings together, allowing all the flavors to combine harmoniously.
- Spoon: A spoon will come in handy for gently mixing the ingredients in the bowl and ensuring an even distribution of the mayonnaise and seasonings throughout the egg salad.
- Knife: You'll need a sharp knife for dicing the hard-boiled eggs into small, bite-sized pieces. It's also useful if you decide to add diced onions to your egg salad.
- Cutting board: Use a cutting board to provide a stable surface for chopping the hard-boiled eggs and any additional ingredients.
- Toaster: A toaster is essential for achieving perfectly golden and crisp toast. It will add a satisfying crunch to complement the creamy egg salad.
- Butter knife: A butter knife is ideal for spreading butter evenly on the toast, ensuring a smooth and delicious base for the egg salad.
- Optional: If you decide to make your own homemade mayonnaise, you may need a blender or whisk to emulsify the ingredients and create a creamy texture.
Having these basic kitchen tools on hand will make preparing this Egg Salad on Toast recipe a breeze. So gather your equipment, and let's get started on making this delectable dish!
- Hard-boiled eggs: These are the star of the recipe, providing a creamy and protein-rich base for the egg salad. Buy them at the store or cook them yourself.
- Mayonnaise: Choose your preferred brand of mayonnaise or make your own for a tangy and creamy addition to the egg salad.
- Salt and pepper: These essential seasonings help to enhance the flavors and achieve a well-balanced taste.
- Onion (optional): If desired, diced onions can be added to the egg salad, offering an extra layer of flavor and a hint of crunch.
- Butter: Spread a small amount of butter on top of the toast to add richness and enhance its golden crispness.
- Toast: Select your favorite type of bread and toast it to perfection, creating a satisfying and sturdy base for the egg salad.
With these simple yet flavorful ingredients, you'll be able to create a delicious Egg Salad on Toast that's sure to impress. Gather these ingredients and get ready to enjoy a delightful meal!
👩🏻🍳How to make this egg salad toast recipe:
Here is a quick overview of the recipe steps. Please read the recipe card for the full instructions.
First we assemble the egg salad.
- Dice hard-boiled eggs and place them in a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix gently.
- Optionally, include diced onions for added flavor.
Next assemble the toast.
- Spread butter on the toasted toast slices.
- Spoon the egg salad onto the toast, covering it completely.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate briefly before serving.
There are numerous delightful ways to serve and enjoy this recipe Here are a few serving suggestions to elevate your culinary experience:
- Classic open-faced sandwich: Serve the Egg Salad on Toast as a classic open-faced sandwich for a light and satisfying meal. Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs like parsley or chives for a pop of color and added freshness.
- Brunch delight: Elevate your brunch spread by serving this dish alongside other breakfast favorites like crispy bacon, sliced avocado, or roasted tomatoes. Create a customizable brunch station where guests can assemble their own creations.
- Appetizer bites: Cut the toast into bite-sized pieces and top each with a dollop of egg salad. Arrange them on a platter for a delightful appetizer option at parties or gatherings. Consider adding a garnish like a small piece of fresh dill or a sprinkle of paprika for an elegant touch.
- Picnic-perfect snack: For a delightful picnic snack, pack the Egg Salad and toasted bread slices separately in a container. This allows you to assemble the Egg Salad on Toast right at the picnic spot, ensuring the bread stays fresh and maintains its desired texture. It's a portable and convenient option that can be easily enjoyed outdoors. Serve the assembled Egg Salad on Toast alongside fresh fruit, crispy vegetable sticks, or a side salad for a well-rounded and satisfying picnic spread.
- Creative variations: Feel free to get creative with your serving suggestions. Consider adding additional toppings such as sliced radishes, microgreens, or pickled vegetables for added texture and flavor. You can also experiment with different types of bread, such as whole grain or artisanal varieties, to add a unique twist to your Egg Salad on Toast.
Regardless of how you choose to serve it, Egg Salad on Toast is a versatile and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed in various settings and occasions. Get creative, have fun, and savor every delicious bite!
🥄Storage / Shelf Life
Here are some tips for storing the components:
After preparing the Egg Salad, transfer any leftovers to an airtight container and promptly refrigerate it. This will help maintain its flavors and creamy texture, ensuring it stays delightful for 2-3 days.
As for the toast, store any extra bread slices in a ziplock bag or an airtight container. Keep them at room temperature for 1-2 days to maintain their taste and texture. If you want to extend their shelf life, freezing the bread is an excellent option. Place the slices in a freezer-safe bag and store them for up to a month. Just remember to thaw them before using.
To fully enjoy your Egg Salad on Toast, it's best to assemble it just before serving. This will ensure that the toast remains crispy, providing a delightful contrast to the creamy egg salad. By storing the components separately, you can savor the leftovers for future meals or snacks, allowing you to enjoy the flavors at their freshest.
💭Frequently asked questions
Q: Can I serve the Egg Salad on Toast for a crowd or at a party?
A: Absolutely! This recipe can be easily scaled up to serve a larger group. Simply prepare more hard-boiled eggs and adjust the quantities of the other ingredients accordingly. You can also cut the toast into smaller pieces for bite-sized appetizers.
Q: Can I use a toaster oven instead of a regular toaster?
A: Yes, a toaster oven can be used to toast the bread slices. Adjust the settings and time according to your toaster oven's instructions to achieve the desired level of toasting.
Q: Can I use any type of bread for the toast?
A: Yes, feel free to use your favorite type of bread for the toast. Whether it's whole wheat, sourdough, or a gluten-free option, choose what you enjoy most.
Q: Can I add additional ingredients to the egg salad?
A: Certainly! You can customize the egg salad by adding ingredients like diced celery, fresh herbs, or a touch of mustard for added flavor and texture.
Q: Can I make the egg salad ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can prepare the egg salad ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to keep it in an airtight container and consume it within 2-3 days.
Q: Can I substitute mayonnaise with a different condiment?
A: If you prefer an alternative to mayonnaise, you can try using Greek yogurt, sour cream, or a vegan mayonnaise substitute. Adjust the quantity as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
Q: Can I make the egg salad without onions?
A: Yes, the diced onions are optional. If you prefer to omit them, simply exclude them from the recipe. The egg salad will still be delicious.
More recipes to try
Egg Salad Toast
- 5-6 hard boiled eggs diced
- 4-5 tablespoon Mayonnaise use this homemade one Quick No Fail Mayonnaise - Oh Sweet Cultureshock
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion Diced (optional)
- Toast toasted
- Add the diced eggs to a big bowl.5-6 hard boiled eggs
- To the same bowl bowl add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper and mix gently with a spoon. If you want to use onions you would add them in this step.4-5 tablespoon Mayonnaise, Salt and Pepper, Onion
- Taste the egg salad and use more seasoning if needed.
Assemble the toast
- Toast your toast in the toaster or a toaster oven.Toast
- Spread butter on top of the toasted toast.Butter
- Spoon the egg salad on top of the toast and fill all the way to the edge.
- Immediately serve or keep in the fridge for a short time till you serve.
US Customary conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.