This Good Morning Iced Tea is made with black tea, mint tea and some fresh lemon slices. It is the perfect drink to have in the morning to wake you up and help you get trough your day!
❤️Why you will love this recipe
- Energizing and refreshing: Start your day with a burst of energy from this invigorating blend of mint and black tea. It's the perfect beverage to awaken your senses and get you ready for the day ahead.
- A delightful twist on a classic: Combining the soothing qualities of mint with the richness of black tea, this recipe offers a refreshing take on a beloved classic, making it an exciting choice for tea enthusiasts.
- Cool and rejuvenating: Sip on this chilled concoction and let the mint's coolness wash over you. It provides a revitalizing sensation, leaving you feeling refreshed and ready to take on any challenge that comes your way.
- Easy to make, impossible to resist: With straightforward steps and readily available ingredients, you can whip up this delightful beverage in no time.
- Perfect for any occasion: Whether you're hosting a brunch, enjoying a lazy afternoon by the pool, or seeking a pick-me-up during a long workday, the Good Morning Iced Tea is a versatile companion.
So grab a glass and enjoy the Good Morning Iced Tea—a refreshing blend that's both invigorating and satisfying. Embrace the delightful fusion of mint and black tea, and let this beverage become your new go-to for an energizing and enjoyable experience.
🧊Iced Tea Making Methods
When it comes to creating a classic iced tea, there are various methods to choose from. Here are three techniques that I have personally tested and found effective. Of course, there are numerous other approaches as well.
This recipe utilizes the convenient concentrate method, allowing you to prepare your iced tea quickly and easily.
The concentrate Method:
This is the swiftest way to prepare homemade iced tea. Simply fill a cup with hot water and allow the tea to steep for 5-10 minutes, depending on the tea variety. It's important not to oversteep black or green tea. Remove the tea bags, then fill a pitcher with cold water. Let the pitcher chill in the fridge for a short while, and voila! Your refreshing iced tea is ready to be savored.
The hot Method:
In this approach, you create tea as you normally would and then place the pitcher in the refrigerator. Allow everything to cool down over time. It should be noted that this method requires a longer duration compared to the concentrate version.
The cold Method:
For this technique, pour cold water over the tea bags and place the mixture in the fridge. Let it steep for a minimum of 6 hours, preferably overnight, for optimal flavor infusion.
Here are the equipment requirements:
- Kettle or saucepan: Required to boil water for preparing the tea concentrate.
- Cup: You'll need a cup to hold the boiling water and steep the tea bags in. It should be large enough to accommodate the water and allow the tea to steep effectively.
- Large pitcher: A large pitcher is essential for combining the tea concentrate with additional water and accommodating the volume of the iced tea.
- Knife and cutting board: You'll need a knife and cutting board to slice the lemon.
- Refrigerator: The refrigerator will serve as your chilling station, allowing the iced tea to cool and infuse.
you'll need a handful of key ingredients.
- Black tea: The black tea provides a robust and bold flavor to the iced tea. It contains caffeine, which gives the beverage an energizing effect, keeping you awake throughout the day. Feel free to choose your favorite black tea variety, such as English Breakfast or Earl Grey.
- Mint tea: The mint tea brings a refreshing and invigorating element to the iced tea. Its cooling and aromatic qualities add a delightful twist and enhance the overall experience.
- Water: Water is the essential element for brewing the tea concentrate as well as diluting the final iced tea. It serves as the foundation for extracting flavors from the tea bags and achieving the desired strength and balance in the beverage.
- Lemon: The lemon adds a burst of citrusy brightness to the iced tea.
Whether you prefer loose leaf tea or convenient tea bags, both options work perfectly for this recipe, allowing you to customize your tea experience based on your preference and convenience.
👩🏻🍳How to make this Iced Tea
Here is a quick overview of the recipe steps. Please read the recipe card for the full instructions.
- Make the tea concentrate by boiling water and steeping black tea and mint tea bags.
- Remove the black tea bag after 5 minutes and the mint tea bag after 10 minutes.
- Cut a lemon into slices and add them to a large pitcher.
- Pour the tea concentrate into the pitcher.
- Fill up the pitcher with cold water.
- Let the iced tea sit in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Enjoy the refreshing and energizing Good Morning Iced Tea!
Consider these serving ideas to elevate your experience:
- Pour the iced tea into tall glasses filled with ice cubes and add some mint leaves for an extra refreshing sip.
- Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh mint or a lemon wedge to add a touch of visual appeal.
- For a burst of sweetness, you can add a teaspoon of honey or a splash of simple syrup to individual servings, stirring gently to incorporate the flavors.
- Serve alongside a plate of freshly baked cookies or a light brunch spread for a delightful pairing.
- To make it even more special, you can present the Good Morning Iced Tea in elegant glassware or mason jars, adding a charming touch to your table setting.
Don't forget to invite friends and loved ones to share in the experience and toast to a refreshing start to the day!
🥄Some tips and tricks to make the best iced tea at home
- Steeping time: Make sure you set a timer and do not let the tea steep for to long. Especially when using black and green tea you have to be very careful to not let tea bags steep for to long as they turn bitter really quick.
- Measure your water: Make sure you do measure the water amount. If you use to much or not enough water the iced tea could turn out to strong or to watery.
- Fresh loose tea: Use loose-leave tea instead of tea bags to get an even better flavor. The better the quality of your tea leaves the better your iced tea will be. Use a tea strainer or tea bag (you can buy only the bag at the store) in order to easily remove the tea leaves from the water again.
💭Frequently asked questions
Q: How long can I store the iced tea in the refrigerator?
A: The iced tea can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days. After that, the flavors may start to diminish. Remove the lemon slices before storing it in the refrigerator.
Q: Can I make a larger batch of the Good Morning Iced Tea?
A: Absolutely! Simply adjust the quantities accordingly to make a larger batch, ensuring the ratios of tea concentrate and water remain consistent.
Q: Can I garnish the iced tea with additional ingredients?
A: Yes, you can garnish the iced tea with a sprig of fresh mint or a lemon wedge for added visual appeal.
Q: Can I make a larger batch of the tea concentrate and store it for future use?
A: Yes, you can double or triple the tea concentrate recipe and store it in a covered container in the refrigerator. When ready to enjoy, dilute it with water according to taste.
Q: Can I make the tea concentrate ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can prepare the tea concentrate in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use. Just remember to let it cool completely before chilling.
Q: Can I add other fruits or herbs to the iced tea?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with additional fruits like berries or herbs like basil or rosemary to add your own twist to the flavor profile.
Q: Can I serve the Good Morning Iced Tea warm?
A: While the recipe is traditionally enjoyed cold, you can serve it warm if you prefer. Simply skip the chilling step and serve the tea concentrate diluted with hot water instead.
Q: Can I make the Good Morning Iced Tea without lemon?
A: Yes, if you prefer a version without lemon, you can omit it from the recipe. The black tea and mint flavors will still create a refreshing beverage on their own.
More recipes to try
Good Morning Iced Tea (Black & Mint tea)
- 3 dl Water
- 1 bag Black Tea
- 1 bag Mint Tea
- ½ Lemon
- 1 l Water minus 3dl
Prepare the Tea Concentrate
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan.3 dl Water
- Pour the boiling water into a cup, then add the black tea bag and mint tea bag. Allow them to steep.1 bag Black Tea, 1 bag Mint Tea
- After approximately 5 minutes, remove the black tea bag. Let the mint tea bag continue steeping for an additional 5 minutes.
Prepare the iced tea
- Slice the lemon into half-centimeter (¼-inch) slices, then cut each slice in half.½ Lemon
- Take a large pitcher and add the lemon slices to it.
- Pour the prepared tea concentrate into the pitcher.
- Fill up the pitcher with cold water.1 l Water
- Place the pitcher in the refrigerator and let the iced tea chill for at least 30 minutes. Once it has cooled and infused, it's ready to be enjoyed!
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
OLGA VEIGA GONZALEZ says
I am not Antea person, but I have to recognize that this one looks incredible and I want to try it!
Oh you have to try it girl! It really is so good 😀 Trust me it will make you love tea, there is always a tea you love you just gotta find your match
Eliza Cross says
What a refreshing and delicious iced tea recipe. I never realized that timing the steeping time was an important step, but that makes perfect sense. Thank you for the tip about adding fresh mint leaves, too - we have a lot in the garden right now!
Oh I am so happy that I could help you with all my infos 🙂 You should totally make this with your mint from the garden, it tastes the best with the fresh ones! 😀
Love the idea of mixing the black and green teas! Such a great drink to wake up to! Thanks for sharing.
What a great idea for a breakfast drink! Tea looks delicious.
Thank you so much, I am so happy you like the recipe 🙂
What a great and delicious way to start the morning! I’ve always been a huge fan of tea! Such a lovely and easy recipe o make! Can’t wait to make this again!
Thank you so much Beth for taking the time and leaving this lovely feedback. I am so happy you liked the tea 🙂
So refreshing!! I have been making my own iced tea since I was a teen. Your tea looks AMAZING! Thank you for sharing! 🍋
Oh yey, that is awesome that you also make homemade iced tea. I am so happy you love mine too 😀
What a yummy tea flavor combo! So refreshing and energizing. Perfect for my travel mug as I drive to work!
Thank you so much, I am so happy you like this recipe. This really will be perfect for on the way 😀
I absolutely love this combo
Elizabeth Swoish says
I never knew mint and black tea went so well together! Thank you for sharing!
Thank you so much for trying it out Elizabeth! I am so happy you loved it 😀
This looks incredible! I adore ice tea and the mix of mint tea and black tea. It makes me want to make it right now.
You should! It is perfect for those warm spring days and so easy to make!