This Brioche Topped With Strawberries recipe is a super quick and easy summer dish. Perfect for a weeknight meal or to switch up your weekend breakfast. Fresh, juicy and sweet strawberries on a toasted, buttery brioche slice give you all you need on a hot summer day.
❤️Why you will love this recipe
- Indulgent and flavorful: The rich and buttery brioche perfectly complements the natural sweetness of the strawberries, resulting in a delightful harmony of tastes.
- Fresh and vibrant: Using fresh, ripe strawberries ensures that this recipe bursts with vibrant colors and flavors. The strawberries add a refreshing and juicy element to the dish, elevating it to a light and summery treat.
- Easy to prepare: This recipe is simple and straightforward, making it accessible to users of all cooking levels.
- Customizable: You can add your own creative twists by incorporating additional toppings or garnishes, such as whipped cream, mint leaves, or a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Perfect for any occasion: Whether you're hosting a brunch, enjoying a leisurely afternoon snack, or craving a satisfying dessert, this brioche topped with strawberries is a versatile choice that can be enjoyed on various occasions.
By trying out this recipe, users can treat themselves to a delightful combination of buttery bread and juicy strawberries, creating a memorable and irresistible dessert that will leave them wanting more.
To prepare this strawberry dish, you will need the following equipment:
- Medium-sized bowl: Use this bowl to cut and mix the strawberries with sugar. It should be large enough to hold the strawberries comfortably and allow for easy mixing.
- Cling film: You will need cling film to cover the bowl and store the coated strawberries in the refrigerator. This will help the flavors develop as the strawberries macerate.
- Medium-sized skillet: This pan is used to melt the butter and toast the brioche slices. Choose a skillet that is suitable for stovetop cooking and has enough space to accommodate the bread slices.
- Spatula or tongs: You will need a spatula or tongs to flip and handle the brioche slices while toasting them in the skillet. This helps ensure even browning and prevents them from sticking.
- Knife: Use a knife to cut the strawberries into smaller pieces. You may also need a serrated knife to slice the brioche loaf, depending on its initial shape.
By having these equipment items ready, you'll be well-prepared to create a delightful brioche topped with strawberries.
You only need for ingredients of which you normally have most at home during the summer:
- Sweet bread / brioche loaf: A loaf of sweet bread or brioche serves as the base for this delectable dessert. Its soft and buttery texture pairs perfectly with the juicy strawberries.
- Strawberries: Fresh and ripe strawberries are the star ingredient of this recipe. Their natural sweetness and vibrant flavor add a delightful burst to the brioche.
- Sugar: Sugar is used to coat the strawberries, enhancing their sweetness and creating a luscious syrupy texture as they macerate.
- Butter: Butter is used to toast the brioche slices, lending a rich and crispy touch to the bread. It also enhances the overall taste of the dish.
By gathering these ingredients, you'll have everything you need to create a mouthwatering brioche topped with strawberries, showcasing the irresistible combination of sweet bread and juicy fruit.
👩🏻🍳How to make this brioche topped with strawberries dish:
Here is a quick overview of the recipe steps. Please read the recipe card for the full instructions.
- Cut and coat strawberries: Cut the strawberries into smaller pieces and coat them with sugar, allowing them to macerate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Toast the bread: Melt butter in a skillet and toast the sweet bread or brioche slices on both sides.
- Assemble: Transfer the toasted bread to a serving plate and spoon the macerated strawberries generously over the warm slices.
- Serve and enjoy: Serve the brioche topped with strawberries immediately for a delightful treat bursting with flavors.
Here are some ideas for you:
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves: Add a refreshing touch by garnishing the dish with a few fresh mint leaves, which complement the sweetness of the strawberries.
- Dust with powdered sugar: Sprinkle a touch of powdered sugar over the assembled dish for a classic and elegant presentation.
- Add whipped cream or ice cream: Top each slice with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts: Enhance the texture and flavor by sprinkling some chopped nuts, such as almonds or pistachios, over the strawberries.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction: Create a delightful contrast of flavors by drizzling a small amount of balsamic reduction over the brioche and strawberries.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper: For a surprising twist, add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper over the strawberries. The pepper adds a subtle hint of spiciness that beautifully contrasts with the sweetness of the dish.
Make sure to serve and enjoy this recipe while the bread is still warm and the strawberries are at their juiciest for a truly satisfying culinary experience.
These serving suggestions will enhance the overall presentation and taste of the dish, providing a delightful variety of options to suit different preferences and occasions.
It's best to enjoy it fresh for optimal taste and texture. If you do have leftovers make sure to store them separately. By storing the strawberries and brioche separately, you can prevent the bread from becoming soggy.
For the strawberries, transfer any remaining macerated strawberries to an airtight container or cover them tightly with plastic wrap/cling film. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Keep in mind that the strawberries may release more juice and soften over time, so they are best enjoyed as soon as possible.
For the brioche, place the leftover toasted brioche slices in a separate airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap/cling film. Store them at room temperature for up to 2 days.
To make this dish a healthier option, you can toast the bread in a toaster instead of using butter in a pan. By using a toaster, you can achieve a nice, crisp texture for the bread without the added butter. This modification reduces the overall fat content of the dish while still allowing you to enjoy the delightful combination of the brioche and strawberries.
You can make ahead the strawberries and let them sit in the fridge for up to 2 days. Then continue with the brioche as the recipe says.
💭Frequently asked questions
Q: Can I use a different type of bread instead of brioche?
A: Yes, you can use other sweet bread varieties like challah or even a soft, sweet white bread.
Q: Yes, you can use other sweet bread varieties like challah or even a soft, sweet white bread.
A: While fresh strawberries are recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can use thawed frozen strawberries if fresh ones are not available.
Q: Can I prepare the strawberries in advance and store them overnight?
A: Yes, you can marinate the strawberries in the sugar and store them covered in the refrigerator overnight. However, note that the strawberries may become softer and release more juice during extended storage.
Q: Can I use margarine or oil instead of butter to toast the bread?
A: Yes, you can use margarine or a neutral cooking oil as an alternative to butter for toasting the bread.
Q: Can I add other fruits to the dish along with strawberries?
A: Feel free to experiment by adding other fruits like blueberries or sliced bananas to the dish for additional flavor and variety.
Q: Can I serve this dish as a dessert with a sauce or topping?
A: You can elevate the dish by serving it with a drizzle of chocolate sauce, a dollop of whipped cream, or a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
More recipes to try
Brioche topped with strawberries
- Cutting board and knive
- 500 g strawberries
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp. butter
- 1 loaf sweet bread / brioche
Make the strawberries
- Cut the strawberries into smaller pieces and place them in a medium-sized bowl, typically quartering them works well.500 g strawberries
- Add the sugar to the bowl and thoroughly mix to ensure all the strawberries are coated.2 tablespoon Sugar
- Cover the bowl with cling foil and refrigerate for at least half an hour, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Toast the bread and assemble
- In a medium-sized skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.1-2 tbsp. butter
- Toast the bread slices in the skillet, flipping them to ensure both sides are evenly browned.1 loaf sweet bread / brioche
- Once the bread is warm and toasted, transfer it to a serving plate.
- Spoon the marinated strawberries generously over the warm bread slices.
- Serve the brioche topped with strawberries immediately to enjoy its delightful flavors.
- Healthier version: Instead of toasting the bread in butter in the pan, simply toast it in a toaster.
- Toppings: find some fun topping ideas in the post above
- Serve: Make sure you serve this dish warm. The brioche will get soggy if you let it sit for to long with the strawberries on it.
- Make ahead: You can make ahead the strawberries and let them sit in the fridge for up to 2 days. Then continue with the brioche as the recipe says.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Jodi Reed says
This is amazing! My daughters love strawberries. This is a great quick breakfast or snack, Thanks!!
Oh that is amazing! Your daughter will love it then 😀
Strawberries are delish! Brioche is delish! Sounds like the perfect recipe to me. Will be trying soon.
Exactly! I am so happy that you want to try it. Please let me know how you liked it 🙂
Oh yey I am so happy you love this combo too 😀
This is so delicious!! It is so perfect for breakfast!!!
Kayla DiMaggio says
This strawberry brioche was so delicious! Such a perfect breakfast!
Cindy Mom, the Lunch Lady says
This would be a great snack or even a light dessert for a hot summer day. Strawberries and bread are always a delicious combo!
Absolutely! It is perfect for basically any time of the day 😀
ooh, this would make a awesome week end brunch! I can see myself eating this with a big cup of coffee, yum!
Doesn't get easier than this! Two of my favorite things...brioche and strawberries. YUM! Gimmme these every day of summer 🙂
This is so yummy and easy. I made this over the weekend. My kids were in love with this and it made a great breakfast!
Yey I am so happy that you tried this recipe and loved it so much 😀 This makes me super happy!
Crispy, buttery brioche topped with sweet strawberry mixture. This recipe is perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea.
Caitlyn Erhardt says
My kids would demolish this so fast! Great way to use some fresh strawberries and easy to prepare.
What a perfect sandwich to make for brunch! Colorful and it looks amazing.
Elizabeth Swoish says
Brioche and strawberry is an epic combination! Thank you for the recipe!
I am so happy you love this recipe! Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving this comment and rating 😀
Jacqui | thesimplesprinkle.com says
A good meal or snack doesn’t have to be complicated and this easy recipe proofs it!
such a beautiful and fancy brunch!! everyone loved it and requested for more!
I love making this for brunch!! Its so pretty and simple and tastes amazing!