Indulge in the soothing and floral flavors of Homemade Rose, Lavender & Mint Tea Mix. This easy-to-follow recipe uses dried rose petals, lavender flowers, and mint leaves to create a delightful tea mix that can be stored in a jar for easy brewing. Perfect for a relaxing afternoon or as a thoughtful gift for tea lovers, this tea mix is sure to become a favorite in your tea collection.
❤️Why you will love this recipe
- Soothing and Fragrant Blend: The harmonious combination of rose, lavender, and mint results in a tea blend that's not only incredibly soothing but also boasts a delightful fragrance. It's like a spa day in a cup, helping you relax and unwind after a long day.
- Customizable to Your Taste: When you craft your own tea mix, you have the creative freedom to adjust the ratios of these exquisite herbs to suit your personal taste preferences. This means you can make it as rosy, lavender-infused, or minty as you desire while ensuring you're using top-quality ingredients.
- Convenient Brewing: Storing your tea mix in a jar or container offers both ease and convenience. Simply scoop out the desired amount, and you're ready to brew. No need to fuss with individual herbs every time you crave a cup of this aromatic goodness.
- Versatile Enjoyment: This tea mix is a year-round favorite. Whether you're sipping it steaming hot to warm up on a chilly winter evening or savoring it iced to cool down during the summer heat, it's a versatile choice that suits any season or mood.
- Perfect Gift Idea: Sharing the joy of homemade tea is a thoughtful and personalized gesture for the tea lovers in your life. Imagine gifting a beautifully packaged jar filled with this aromatic blend, complete with a charming label and brewing instructions. It's a gift that says, "I care about your relaxation and well-being."
So, whether you're seeking a comforting cup of tea to unwind or looking for a heartfelt gift to brighten someone's day, our Homemade Rose, Lavender & Mint Tea recipe is poised to become your favorite go-to blend, bringing relaxation and joy in every sip.
If you like this recipe you should also try my homemade herb salt recipe.
To prepare your homemade Rose, Lavender, and Mint tea mix, you won't need a lot of equipment, just some basic kitchen tools. Here's a list of the equipment you'll need:
- Bowl: You'll need a mixing bowl to combine the edible roses, lavender, and mint for your tea mix.
- Spoon: A spoon is essential for gently stirring the herbs together in the bowl. Be careful not to crush or break the herbs too much.
- Jar or Container with a Tight-Fitting Lid: You'll need a container to store your tea mix. Make sure it has a secure lid to keep the herbs fresh and protected from moisture.
- Tea Infuser or Tea Bags: When it's time to brew a cup of tea, you can use a tea infuser or tea bags to contain the tea mix, making it easier to remove the herbs after steeping.
That's it! With these basic kitchen tools, you'll be able to easily prepare and enjoy your homemade rose, lavender, and mint tea mix.
- Dried Rose Petals: The delicate and floral flavor of rose petals adds a subtle sweetness and fragrance to this tea blend. Rose petals are also known for their calming and anti-inflammatory properties. Sourcing high-quality dried rose petals ensures that you capture their full essence in every sip.
- Dried Lavender Flowers: Lavender is renowned for its relaxing and soothing aroma, making it a popular choice for promoting relaxation and reducing stress. In your tea blend, dried lavender flowers infuse a slightly sweet and floral flavor that harmonizes beautifully with the roses and mint. Opt for dried lavender flowers from trusted sources to guarantee their freshness and therapeutic benefits.
- Dried Mint Leaves: Dried mint leaves are the refreshing and invigorating element in your tea blend, providing a cooling sensation perfect for a hot summer day or whenever you seek a revitalizing cup. Beyond flavor, mint is celebrated for its digestive benefits, known to help soothe an upset stomach and alleviate digestive discomfort. Selecting premium dried mint leaves ensures your tea mix captures the essence of this herb, enhancing its flavor and healthful properties.
Together, these three carefully chosen ingredients create a delightful and aromatic tea blend that transcends its flavors to promote relaxation and well-being. Utilizing top-notch, dried herbs ensures your tea mix remains a convenient and flavorful choice for every tea enthusiast.
Sourcing Ingredients: You have the option to either harvest lavender, roses, and mint yourself or purchase them from local farmers' markets or stores offering bulk ingredients. Harvesting your own herbs can be a rewarding experience, allowing you to connect with the freshness of the ingredients. Alternatively, trusted local sources or specialty stores can provide high-quality dried herbs, offering convenience without compromising on taste and benefits.
🌿How to harvest and dry the herbs and roses
To make the most delicious and fragrant tea blend, it's important to use high-quality, properly harvested herbs. Here are some tips on how to properly harvest the three ingredients used in this recipe: rose petals, lavender flowers, and mint leaves. By following these tips, you can ensure that your herbs are harvested at the right time and in the proper way to preserve their flavor and fragrance, resulting in a delicious and aromatic tea blend.
It's important to use only organic or pesticide-free plants for this recipe.
- Rose Petals: To harvest rose petals, it's best to wait until the roses are fully bloomed and the petals are open, usually on a warm sunny day. Gently remove the petals from the stem. Then cut off the white part on the bottom as this part will be bitter. Lay the petals out in a single layer on a paper towel or cloth to dry.
- Lavender Flowers: Lavender should be harvested when the flowers are in full bloom, usually in mid to late summer. Cut the stems with sharp scissors, leaving at least a few inches of stem attached to the flowers. Bundle the stems together and hang them upside down in a dark, dry place for several weeks until the flowers are fully dried.
- Mint Leaves: Mint can be harvested throughout the growing season, but it's best to pick the leaves before the plant flowers to ensure the best flavor. Gently pinch or snip the leaves off the stem. Lay the leaves out in a single layer on a paper towel or cloth to dry.
👩🏻🍳How to make your own tea blend
Here is a quick overview of the recipe steps. Please read the recipe card for the full instructions.
- Combine Ingredients: Mix dried roses, lavender, and mint in a bowl.
- Store Your Tea Mix: Transfer the blend to a container with a tight lid.
- Brew a Cup: To make a cup of tea, use 1 tablespoon of the mix with an infuser or tea bag.
- Steep and Enjoy: Steep for 5-10 minutes and savor the soothing aroma and delightful flavor.
Adjust the ratio of the herbs to suit your taste preferences. For a sweeter and more floral taste, use more rose petals. For a stronger mint flavor, use more mint leaves.
To prepare a cup of tea using the Homemade Rose, Lavender & Mint Tea mix, simply add one to two teaspoons of the tea blend to a cup of boiling water and let steep for five to seven minutes.
For a stronger flavor, you can add more tea blend to the water. You can also add a touch of honey or lemon juice to enhance the flavor of the tea. The tea can be enjoyed hot or cold, depending on your preference.
The fragrant aroma and delicate flavors of the rose, lavender, and mint make this tea a perfect beverage to enjoy any time of day, whether you're looking to unwind after a long day or to refresh yourself on a hot summer afternoon.
🥄Storage and Shelf Life
Once you've mixed the ingredients for the Homemade Rose, Lavender & Mint Tea, it's important to store the blend in an airtight container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. This will help preserve the flavor and fragrance of the herbs. When stored properly, the tea mix can last for up to six months. However, it's important to note that over time, the flavor and fragrance of the herbs may diminish, so it's best to use the tea mix within the first few months for the best flavor.
To ensure the freshest tea experience, it's recommended to make smaller batches of the tea mix and replenish the supply every few months.
🍵Other ways to use the tea mix
Not only does the Homemade Rose, Lavender & Mint Tea blend make for a delicious and refreshing cup of tea, but it can also be used in a variety of other ways to add fragrance and flavor to your daily routine. From bath soaks to baking, the fragrant herbs in this tea blend can be incorporated into many aspects of your daily life. Read on for some creative and unique ways to use the Homemade Rose, Lavender & Mint Tea blend beyond just making tea.
- Iced Tea: To make iced tea using add 4 teaspoons of the tea blend to 1 liter / 4 cups of cold water and let steep in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Strain the tea blend, and sweeten with honey or agave syrup if desired. Serve over ice for a refreshing and flavorful iced tea. The floral notes of the rose and lavender, combined with the refreshing taste of the mint, make this iced tea perfect for sipping on a hot summer day.
- Baking: The tea blend can be added to baking recipes for a unique flavor twist. Try adding a tablespoon or two to your favorite muffin, cake, or cookie recipe for a fragrant and delicious treat.
- Simple Syrup: Use the tea to infuse a simple syrup with to use in mocktails and cocktails.
- Bath Soak: Add a few spoonful's of the tea blend to a warm bath for a relaxing and aromatic soak. The herbs will infuse the water with their fragrance, helping to soothe the senses and promote relaxation.
- Foot Soak: You can use this tea blend for a foot soak by adding it to a basin of warm water and soaking your feet for 15-20 minutes.
- Potpourri: Place the tea blend in a small dish or sachet and use it as a natural potpourri to freshen up a room or closet. The fragrant herbs will fill the air with their pleasant aroma.
- Facial Steam: Add a few spoonful's of the tea blend to a bowl of steaming water and use it for a facial steam. The fragrant herbs will help to open up pores, soothe the skin, and promote relaxation.
These are just a few ideas for using the blend beyond making tea. Get creative and experiment with different ways to incorporate the fragrant herbs into your daily routine.
💭Frequently asked questions
Q: Can I add lemon or other citrus to the tea blend?
A: Yes, you can add lemon or other citrus to the tea blend for added flavor.
Q: How should I store the tea blend?
A: Store the tea blend in an airtight container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Q: Can I add other herbs to the tea blend?
A: Yes, you can experiment with adding other herbs to the tea blend for added flavor and aroma.
Q: Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs?
A: You can use fresh herbs if you prefer, but the tea blend will have a shorter shelf life and may not be as potent.
Q: Can I use this tea blend for cooking?
A: Yes, you can use this tea blend to add flavor to baked goods, such as cakes and muffins.
More herb recipes to try
Homemade rose, lavender and mint tea
- Jar or container with tight-fitting lid
- Tea infuser or tea bag (optional)
- ½ cup Roses edible, flavored
- ½ cup Lavender
- ½ cup Mint
- Combine the herbs in a bowl.½ cup Roses, ½ cup Lavender, ½ cup Mint
- Gently stir the herbs together with a spoon until they are evenly mixed. Avoid crushing or breaking up the herbs too much.
- Transfer the tea mix to a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid.Store the tea mix in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
How to make a cup of tea
- To make a cup of tea, use 1 tablespoon of the tea mix for one standard sized tea cup. Use a tea infuser or tea bags to make it easier to remove the tea.
- Steep the tea for about 5-10 minutes.
US Customary conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.