Peach Sorbet Float Recipe
This Boozy Peach Sorbet Float Recipe is what you’ll need for your next summer get together! It is super quick and easy to make and you won’t need any special equipment for it! Be careful! This sweet treat can be addicting!
This peach sorbet float is what summer dreams are made of! Sweet peach flavor, a touch of lemon juice for acidity and some sugar is all you need for this simple 3-ingredient sorbet! There is no churning required and it is sooo quick & easy to make! Once frozen top it off with some booze and enjoy. Start writing your shopping list cause you need this sorbet in your freezer!
Why you will love this recipe
- Quick & Easy! This recipe barely needs any hands on time and could not be easier to prepare.
- Only 4 ingredients for the whole recipe!
- No-churn sorbet! There is no need to use an ice maker to make this no-churn peach sorbet.
- Perfect to serve guests! This is a simple but fancy dessert your grownup guests will love. Make sure to keep some sorbet ready in the freezer in case you need a quick elegant dessert.
- Perfect for special occasions: Sorbet floats are the go to dessert in many restaurants on special occasions like new years eve!
- Summery! The peak season of peaches is during the summer months. Made into a sorbet you get a delicious seasonal dessert to cool down in the summer heat.
- Food processor: The secret to this no-churn sorbet recipe is a food processor. This will cut down the sugar and make a creamy sorbet out of the frozen fruit.
- Serving glass: You can use any kind of serving glass that you are comfortable with people using a spoon in.
Alright if I say it is super easy and quick then I am not lying! You only need a few ingredients: peaches, sugar and lemon juice for the sorbet and vodka to make it boozy!
Peaches: To get a super creamy sorbet you need your fruits to be frozen. Plan ahead and cut your peaches into small pieces and freeze them in a freezer bag or simply buy pre-cut, frozen peaches at the store.
Sugar: We are using caster sugar here.
Lemon juice: The zingy lemon juice will cut trough the sweetness and round up the flavor profile perfectly. Plus it provides liquid for the blending to make it extra smooth.
Vodka: Make sure you use a good vodka you like as you will basically drink it while eating the sorbet.
How to make Boozy Peach Sorbet Float
Preparing the sorbet won’t take much time. For the preparation you will need a food processor. You can try it with a hand blender too, however you might want to add the lemon juice to the peaches and sugar in order to be able to blend it.
3-ingredient peach sorbet:
Simply add your pitted Peaches and the sugar to a food processor and pulse until smooth. This really only needs a few minutes!
When smooth start adding lemon juice. Start with half a tablespoon and try it. Keep adding more lemon juice until the flavor is to your tasting.
Now simply add the sorbet mixture into a freezer safe container. Make sure you have a lid or close the container tightly with bees way or tin foil.
Freeze the Sorbet until firm. Start checking on the sorbet at the 3h mark. The sorbet should still be a slushy consistency at this point, if you like it firmer then freeze it for a few more hours.
Assemble the peach sorbet float:
When it’s time to serve take the sorbet out of the freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes to make the scooping easier
Add 1-2 scoops of the sorbet to a glass.
Pour the vodka into the glass. You can add more or less depending on how boozy you want it. Add a little garnish if desired and serve your fancy dessert!
Tips for the perfect peach sorbet
- Freeze your fruit properly: Make sure to freeze the peaches until completely firm before making the sorbet. This will ensure that the sorbet gets super creamy. It is best if you pop the fruit into the freezer the night before. Make sure you cut it into small pieces first.
- Do not overfill: If you have a small food processor work in batches. This step will make it easier to break down the fruit which leads to a smoother sorbet.
- Add alcohol: If you like your sorbet smooth and creamy you can add a splash of vodka to the sorbet which will prevent the sorbet from freezing entirely.
This sorbet can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Frequently asked questions
Q: Can I use lemon concentrate instead of lemon juice?
A: If you do not have the time to juice your lemons or do not have lemons around you can use concentrated lemon juice as substitute. The flavor usually will be slightly different but it will still taste great.
Q: Can I make this sorbet refined-sugar-free?
A: Yes you can! Simply replace the sugar with 3 -4 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey. This will make it a much healthier sorbet too.
Q: Can I replace the peaches with other frozen fruits?
A: Absolutely! Making a sorbet always works the same for different fruits so the sky is the limit!
Q: Can I use any alcohol for sorbet floats?
A: Really any alcohol works yes. Vodka is a classic but you should definitely try using champagne or prosecco too. It will make this dessert a sweet bubbly sensation.
Q: Can I make this sorbet float alcohol free?
A: To make this a virgin float you can replace the vodka with sparkling soda. A flavored soda will give this dish some more flavor.
Q: Can I use an ice cream maker for this recipe?
A: If you have one you can absolutely use an ice cream maker for this sorbet recipe!
Boozy Peach Sorbet Float
- Food processor
- Freezer safe container
- 400 g frozen peaches
- 100 g sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 dl Vodka
Make the sorbet
- Add the sugar and peaches to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Now add the lemon juice. You can add more lemon juice if you want. Start with half a tablespoon and keep tasting until it's to your liking.
- Put the mixture into a freezer save container and freeze until firm.
- Remove the sorbet from the freezer and allow to soften for about 5 minutes at room temperature.
- Add 1-2 sorbet scoops to a glass.
- Pour in the vodka and decorate with a mint leave if desired. Serve!
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
15 thoughts on “Peach Sorbet Float Recipe”
soooo refreshing and delicious! loved it!
Peaches are coming into season now. I’ll have to try this recipe. Looks so tasty.
So this is now my jam for the whole summer haha perfect for warm weather relaxing!
I can not wait to make these again at the cottage this year to enjoy while we float in the bay!
Such a perfect summer recipe! Can’t wait to make these for the pool!
I served this as dessert after dinner and it was such a hit in our family! It was so delicious!
This is perfect for summer!
This is the perfect summer patio drink! Delicious.
that was super easy and totally enjoyable!
Wonderful flavour and colour. Perfect for the summer!
Wonderful taste and colour! Perfect for summer.
A perfect dessert to enjoy on a hot summer day!
The color of this is amazing and it is soo pretty! This is a perfect recipe for summer and I can’t wait to make this again, thank you for sharing this recipe!
We had the peach sorbets last night and it was sensational! It is super easy to make and super refreshing. I will make it more over the weekend.