Creepy Halloween Deviled Eggs
Those creepy looking eyes are super delicious deviled eggs! They are super quick and easy to make and will definitely be a favorite at your Halloween party!
If you are looking for creepy but delicious appetizers for your Halloween party then these bloody eyeball deviled eggs should definitely be on your menu! This fun fingerfood is super simple and quick to prepare. You can even make part of them ahead of time!
Delicious fresh basil pesto will make your disgusting green infected Pupil. This weird green mixture will definitely creep out your guests and make this a hit at your party! To make this recipe even more hair raising we add red bloody veins to our eyes using red food coloring.
For this recipe you only need a few easily available ingredients:
- Eggs (hard boiled and peeled)
- Pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- Mayonnaise (homemade one!)
- Salt and pepper
- Candy eyes (alternately use sliced black olives)
- Red food coloring
For the pesto I highly recommend using a homemade version. Here is the recipe for my homemade basil pesto:
Equipment wise you will need the following:
- Pot: To cook your eggs in
- Knife: To cut your eggs in half
- Teaspoon: To remove the egg yolk from the egg
- Toothpick: The tooth pick will be your painting tool to get the red blood veins on your eyes.
- Piping bag: The piping bag will make it easier to get the egg yolk mixture back into the egg whites. Alternatively you can use a teaspoon.
How to make Halloween Deviled Eggs
1. Hard-boil your eggs and let them cool down.
2. Peel off the shells.
3. Cut the eggs in half and scoop the egg yolks into a bowl with a teaspoon.
4. Add the pesto, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to the egg yolks. Mix well until everything is combined and smooth. Set aside.
5. Now we get spooky! Get a toothpick and dip it in the food coloring to then make the eye veins on the egg whites.
6. Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture back into our ready egg whites and top it off with the candy eyes. Et voilà you made an amazing spooky appetizer. Enjoy 🎃
Can you make deviled eggs ahead of time?
Yes, you absolutely can! Deviled eggs is one of the easiest appetizers to make ahead of time. The unpeeled, hard-boiled eggs can be stored in the fridge for up to one week.
The filling can be made up to 2 days in advance. Make sure to keep the egg yolks and egg whites separate until the day of the event to get the best flavor. Keep the filling in an airtight container or zip block bag in the fridge till the day you will serve your snack. The egg whites you can also keep in a container or simply keep them in a covered bowl.
How to store deviled eggs and their shelf life
Keep the assembled deviled eggs covered in the fridge. They should get consumed within 1-2 days for the optimal flavor and freshness.
Halloween Deviled Eggs
- Piping bag
- 6 eggs (hard boiled and peeled)
- 2-3 tbsp Pesto
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Candy eyes
- Red food coloring
- Hard-boil your eggs and let them cool down.
- Peel off the shells.
- Cut the eggs in half and scoop the egg yolks into a bowl with a teaspoon.
- Add the pesto, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to the egg yolks. Mix well until everything is combined and smooth.
- Now we get spooky! Get a toothpick and dip it in the food coloring to then make the eye veins on the egg whites.
- Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture back into our ready egg whites and top it off with the candy eyes. Et voilà you made an amazing spooky appatizer. Enjoy 🎃
- Candy eye: If you can’t get candy eyes then simply make your own by using white and black chocolate, melting them and piping eyes. Or you use sliced black olives instead.