Learn how to make this super easy raspberry simple syrup using only 3 ingredients. It only takes minutes to prepare and is super veritable. Use it in drinks, over waffles, in your cakes and much more.
- Why you will love this recipe
- Ingredients needed for raspberry syrup
- How to make raspberry simple syrup in only a few steps
- Storage and Shelf Life
- Serving suggestions
- Variations of this raspberry simple syrup
- Frequently asked questions
- More summer recipes to try
- 📖 Recipe
- PIN THE IMAGE BELOW TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
- Never miss a recipe!
Why you will love this recipe
- Only 3 simple ingredients most have at home
Ingredients needed for raspberry syrup
For this recipe you will only need 3 simple ingredients:
- Sugar: Usually you use granulated sugar. Cane or brown sugar would work too but will slightly alter the syrups flavor. I encourage to play with the different sugars and use them for different recipes!
- Raspberries: Be sure to wash them beforehand to get rid of any insects or dirt.
How to make raspberry simple syrup in only a few steps
Add all the ingredients to a medium sized pot.
Bring to a simmer on medium heat.
Whisk till the sugar has dissolved and the raspberries fall apart.
Let cool before filling into a clean jar.
If you want an extra clean bottle, then read this post on how to sterilize your bottles. This will ensure that your bottle is completely clean and therefore lengthen your products shelf life.
Add different herbs to the mixture and infuse the syrup for at least 1 hour.
Storage and Shelf Life
You can keep your syrup in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Freeze the syrup in an ice cube tray to always have it on hand.
If you want to make your syrups shelf life extra long then there are 2 steps you can follow to ensure that. First you can make sure your bottle is extra clean my sterilizing them properly. Second, add some citric acid during the cooking process. Citric acid is a popular ingredient to make syrups or similar products as it helps preserving it even longer.
Alright you made your syrup but now you might ask yourself what can I make with raspberry syrup? Raspberry simple syrup is super versatile! You can use it for
- Cocktail & mocktail: This raspberry syrup is perfect for any drink! Have it in plain water, in your cocktails or a mocktail.
- Coffee: If you like your coffee sweet you could try a new flavor variation with this syrup! My friend is obsessed with this combo!
- Breakfast: Have it over your waffles and pancakes
- Dessert: Add it to creams, tiramisus, drizzle over ice cream & baked goods or soak your cake layers in the syrup
If you want to have a thicker consistency for pancakes, cakes, etc. you will want to use a 1:2 ratio and cook it a few minutes longer to reduce it all down till you get the consistency you are looking for.
Variations of this raspberry simple syrup
This raspberry syrup recipe is just an infused simple syrup. My favorite way to switch it up is to infuse the syrup with some herbs like thyme or rosemary. This gives it an extra flavor that is perfect for cocktails, mocktails or my personal favorite, lemonade!
Frequently asked questions
Q: Can I use this raspberry syrup for cakes?
Q: How can I make simple syrup thicker?
A: If you are looking for pancake syrup like consistency then you simply will have to reduce the amount of water, so you have a 1:2 water to sugar ratio. For this recipe this would mean half a cup of water with one cup of sugar.
Q: Can I use this raspberry syrup recipe for cocktails?
A: Absolutely! Simple syrups are perfect to add to any drink and cocktails are definitaly my favorites. I can only recommend playing with different drinks and adding them some extra flavor. Start off with simple drinks like a gin tonic and simply mix in ½ - 1 tablespoon of the syrup depending on your taste. Here is my elderflower gin tonic recipe you can use a reference and simply replace the elderflower syrup with any other simple syrup.
Q: How much simple syrup should I use in my drink?
A: Whenever I make a drink with simple syrup, I usually start off with half a tablespoon of the syrup for every 3dl (10 ounces) liquid. Now that is not sweet at all, yet which is what my family usually prefers. However, better be save than having an overly sweet drink!
As a general rule for every 3 dl (10 ounces) add ½ tablespoon of syrup and increase up to 2 tablespoon to your liking.
More summer recipes to try
Raspberry Simple Syrup
- 1 Pot
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 125 g raspberries
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat and cook till the sugar has dissolves and the berries are soft & falling apart.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Using a sieve strain the syrup into a clean glass bottle or jar. Use a spatula or spoon and press the raspberries into the sieve to get all the juices out.
- Tightly close the bottle or jar and keep in the fridge.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
This raspberry syrup is one of the best I made ever. I love the color, the taste... Everything, thanks!
A great way to use up all the fresh raspberries of the season!
I am in love with this raspberry simple syrup! Tastes great in so many cocktails, and even in coffee!
love how simple this raspberry syrup is! so sweet and perfect on all things sweet! love it!
I’m loving this raspberry syrup! It’s such an easy recipe. Thanks!