How to make Simple Iced Coffee
Learn how to make a Simple Iced Coffee that is not watered-down by ice and super easy and quick to prepare. All you need is coffee, milk and a freezer.
If you are a coffee lover like me or need your coffee to stay awake when your tired then this is for you! This drink is perfect for any time of the day and even better during hot summer weather (which we now know also happens in fall^^)
This summer I have made iced coffees over and over again. I always poured coffee over ice and filled the rest of the cup up with milk. However, I am a slow coffee drinker. When using ice cubes they will melt over time especially during this summer heat. That waters down the coffee a lot and makes it taste not good anymore. No-one wants a watery coffee.
But as a huge coffee drinker (working in a office makes you addicted ^^) I still want to enjoy a cuppa full of caffeine! So, I started thinking how can I make a simple iced coffee with no watered-down effect so I can sip on it for a long time without loosing the coffee flavor? The solution is freezing the coffee. Using frozen coffee will slowly melt the coffee into your milk. Therefore, instead of loosing flavor over time you gain flavor! Could not be any better right?!
So, in this post today I will show you how to make the easiest super delicious iced coffee at home without watering it down with ice cubes or having to use a blender.
Alright the ingredients are pretty simple and you only need 2 of them:
When it come to the 2 ingredients you are totally free to choose what you like. So match and choose and get your favorite iced tea!
For example: espresso, cold brew, lungo
If you can get cold brew I highly recommend using it! Else use espresso or lungo and make sure you use your favorite coffee
With the milk you can really go nuts! Use normal whole milk, low fat milk or a plant based milk. If you want to treat yourself go with a cream or even coffee creamer. If you use a flavored coffee creamer even better, get that flavor party started in your mouth.
How to make this simple Iced Coffee / How do you make Iced Coffee
You will need an ice tray, a cup and a spoon.
For the ice cube tray I recommend a silicon one with small cubes. The silicon will make it easier to remove the iced coffee and the smaller cubes melt faster.
First you have to make the frozen coffee cubes.
Make your favorite coffee and let it cool down as we do not want to burn our fingers. Next pour the room temperature or a completely chilled coffee into the ice tray. Put the filled ice tray into the freezer for at least 2h or till frozen.
Prepare the iced coffee:
Add the iced coffee cubes to the mug and fill it up all to the top with milk. You will see a spectacular picture happening in the cup when the milk hits the coffee ice cubes and starts swirling around the coffee.
Give everything a good stir with a spoon to help the coffee cubes melt a bit in the beginning.
Start sipping your iced coffee! Enjoy!
Pro tip for this simple iced coffee recipe:
Do you like your coffee with sugar? No problem. You can use any kind of sweetener in this recipe. No matter if you want your good old granulated sugar, go for the good stuff and use simple syrup or rather grab the honey or stevia. If it is something you normally melt like sugar and honey then I recommend adding it to the hot coffee and stirring the mixture before you fill it into the ice tray and freeze it.
Are the cubes annoying you when drinking? No problem. Simply use a coffee cup with a lid on it, kind of like the one Starbucks has or just use a straw (if you want to do something for the environment then go get yourself one of those handy reusable straws, I absolutely love mine!).
Give this simple iced coffee extra flavor
Customize your easy iced coffee by adding flavor:
- Use flavored coffee creamer
- Make it fall! I do not know about you but it is mid September but so hot outside like it is July! So I want all the fall flavors but do not want to melt in the heat. If you feel the same way then I have the solution for you! Simply add some apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice or a fall syrup to the coffee and you will have your fall drink to cool down. (add syrup recipes from friends)
Can iced coffee be made with instant coffee?: You can but I do not recommend it cause it does not taste as good as fresh brewed coffee.
Can I make it boozy? Want to make a boozy iced coffee? Then try this Bailey Iced Latte !
Simple Iced Coffee
- Ice tray
- 2 Espresso
- 3 dl Milk
Make the frozen coffee
- Make your favorite coffee and let it cool down.
- Next pour the room temperature or a completely chilled coffee into the ice tray.
- Put the filled ice tray into the freezer for at least 2h or till frozen.
Prepare the iced coffee
- Add the iced coffee cubes to the mug and fill it up all to the top with milk.
- Give everything a good stir with a spoon to help the coffee cubes melt a bit in the beginning.
- Start sipping your iced coffee! Enjoy!
- Do you like your coffee with sugar? No problem. You can use any kind of sweetener in this recipe. If it is something you normally melt like sugar and honey then I recommend adding it to the hot coffee and stirring the mixture before you fill it into the ice tray and freeze it.
- Are the cubes annoying you when drinking? No problem. Simply use a coffee cup with a lid on it you can drink out or just use a straw.
- Give this simple iced coffee extra flavor: Find ideas above the recipe