Brioche Topped With Strawberries
This Brioche Topped With Strawberries recipe is a super quick and easy summer dish. Perfect for a weeknight meal or to switch up your weekend breakfast. Fresh, juicy and sweet strawberries on a toasted, buttery brioche slice give you all you need on a hot summer day.
Ingredients for this brioche topped with strawberries recipe:
This recipe is perfect for a quick meal when you do not feel like cooking on a hot summer day. You only need for ingredients of which you normally have most at home during the summer:
- Sweet bread / Brioche: We always use a bread called Einback. Translating it it says sweet bread, so if you can get that I highly recommend using it. However, brioche works perfectly fine too and is more common which is why I used it for this recipe.
- Strawberries: They are the star of this dish. We cut them into quarters and let them soak in sugar to get sweet and juicy. We want allll of those juices on our toasted bread!
- Sugar: The sugar just helps sweeten the strawberries and making a nice, juicy mixture.
- Butter: We need the butter to toast the bread in in the skillet. Butter just makes anything better and the bread just does not taste the same without it.
How to make this brioche topped with strawberries dish:
This recipe is super quick and easy to make.
First we have to prepare the strawberries:
Cut the strawberries in to smaller pieces and add them to a medium sized bowl. We normally quarter them. Add the sugar to the bowl and mix so all the strawberries are coated nicely. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least half an hour. Letting it sit will make a nice, juicy mixture.
Next we toast the bread and assemble the dish:
Put a medium sized skillet on the stove on medium high. Add the butter to a skillet and let it melt. Once melted add the bread to the pan and let it toast on both sides. Spoon the strawberries onto the warm and toasted bread and serve it immediately.
It is important that you serve this dish warm. The brioche will get soggy if you let it sit for to long with the strawberries on it and we do not want that! If served warm we will have a nice crunchy brioche with delicious soft strawberries.
Instead of just having the strawberries you can add a topping of your choice. Here are some ideas for you:
- Pepper for some spice
- Mint leaves, they look pretty and bring in some freshness
- Whipped cream for the ones with a sweet tooth
If you want this dish to be healthier then instead of toasting the bread in butter in the pan, simply toast it in a toaster.
You can make ahead the strawberries and let them sit in the fridge for up to 2 days. Then continue with the brioche as the recipe says.
Other recipes you might like:
Brioche topped with strawberries
- Cutting board and knive
- 1 loaf sweet bread / brioche
- 500 g strawberries
- 1-2 tbsp. butter
Make the strawberries
- Cut the strawberries in to smaller pieces and add them to a medium sized bowl. We normally quarter them.
- Add the sugar to the bowl and mix so all the strawberries are coated.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Toast the bread and assemble
- Add the butter to a medium sized skilled on medium high and let the butter melt.
- Toast the bread in the pan on each side.
- Spoon the strawberries onto the warm and toasted bread and serve it immediately.
- Healthier version: Instead of toasting the bread in butter in the pan, simply toast it in a toaster.
- Toppings: You could add some pepper, mint leaves or whipped cream on top of the strawberries. Whatever your taste is choose a topping you like.
- Serve: Make sure you serve this dish warm. The brioche will get soggy if you let it sit for to long with the strawberries on it.
- Make ahead: You can make ahead the strawberries and let them sit in the fridge for up to 2 days. Then continue with the brioche as the recipe says.