Brioche Topped With Strawberries
This Brioche Topped With Strawberries recipe is a super quick and easy summer dish. Perfect for a weeknight meal or to switch up your weekend breakfast. Fresh, juicy and sweet strawberries on a toasted, buttery brioche slice give you all you need on a hot summer day.
Ingredients for this brioche topped with strawberries recipe:
This recipe is perfect for a quick meal when you do not feel like cooking on a hot summer day. You only need for ingredients of which you normally have most at home during the summer:
- Sweet bread / Brioche: We always use a bread called Einback. Translating it it says sweet bread, so if you can get that I highly recommend using it. However, brioche works perfectly fine too and is more common which is why I used it for this recipe.
- Strawberries: They are the star of this dish. We cut them into quarters and let them soak in sugar to get sweet and juicy. We want allll of those juices on our toasted bread!
- Sugar: The sugar just helps sweeten the strawberries and making a nice, juicy mixture.
- Butter: We need the butter to toast the bread in in the skillet. Butter just makes anything better and the bread just does not taste the same without it.
How to make this brioche topped with strawberries dish:
This recipe is super quick and easy to make.
First we have to prepare the strawberries:
Cut the strawberries in to smaller pieces and add them to a medium sized bowl. We normally quarter them. Add the sugar to the bowl and mix so all the strawberries are coated nicely. Cover the bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least half an hour. Letting it sit will make a nice, juicy mixture.
Next we toast the bread and assemble the dish:
Put a medium sized skillet on the stove on medium high. Add the butter to a skillet and let it melt. Once melted add the bread to the pan and let it toast on both sides. Spoon the strawberries onto the warm and toasted bread and serve it immediately.
It is important that you serve this dish warm. The brioche will get soggy if you let it sit for to long with the strawberries on it and we do not want that! If served warm we will have a nice crunchy brioche with delicious soft strawberries.
Instead of just having the strawberries you can add a topping of your choice. Here are some ideas for you:
- Pepper for some spice
- Mint leaves, they look pretty and bring in some freshness
- Whipped cream for the ones with a sweet tooth
If you want this dish to be healthier then instead of toasting the bread in butter in the pan, simply toast it in a toaster.
You can make ahead the strawberries and let them sit in the fridge for up to 2 days. Then continue with the brioche as the recipe says.
Other recipes you might like:
Brioche topped with strawberries
- Cutting board and knive
- 1 loaf sweet bread / brioche
- 500 g strawberries
- 1-2 tbsp. butter
Make the strawberries
- Cut the strawberries in to smaller pieces and add them to a medium sized bowl. We normally quarter them.
- Add the sugar to the bowl and mix so all the strawberries are coated.
- Cover the bowl and let it sit in the fridge for at least half an hour.
Toast the bread and assemble
- Add the butter to a medium sized skilled on medium high and let the butter melt.
- Toast the bread in the pan on each side.
- Spoon the strawberries onto the warm and toasted bread and serve it immediately.
- Healthier version: Instead of toasting the bread in butter in the pan, simply toast it in a toaster.
- Toppings: You could add some pepper, mint leaves or whipped cream on top of the strawberries. Whatever your taste is choose a topping you like.
- Serve: Make sure you serve this dish warm. The brioche will get soggy if you let it sit for to long with the strawberries on it.
- Make ahead: You can make ahead the strawberries and let them sit in the fridge for up to 2 days. Then continue with the brioche as the recipe says.
Metric conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
21 thoughts on “Brioche Topped With Strawberries”
This is amazing! My daughters love strawberries. This is a great quick breakfast or snack, Thanks!!
Oh that is amazing! Your daughter will love it then 😀
Strawberries are delish! Brioche is delish! Sounds like the perfect recipe to me. Will be trying soon.
Exactly! I am so happy that you want to try it. Please let me know how you liked it 🙂
Oh yey I am so happy you love this combo too 😀
This is so delicious!! It is so perfect for breakfast!!!
This strawberry brioche was so delicious! Such a perfect breakfast!
This would be a great snack or even a light dessert for a hot summer day. Strawberries and bread are always a delicious combo!
Absolutely! It is perfect for basically any time of the day 😀
ooh, this would make a awesome week end brunch! I can see myself eating this with a big cup of coffee, yum!
Doesn’t get easier than this! Two of my favorite things…brioche and strawberries. YUM! Gimmme these every day of summer 🙂
This is so yummy and easy. I made this over the weekend. My kids were in love with this and it made a great breakfast!
Yey I am so happy that you tried this recipe and loved it so much 😀 This makes me super happy!
Crispy, buttery brioche topped with sweet strawberry mixture. This recipe is perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea.
My kids would demolish this so fast! Great way to use some fresh strawberries and easy to prepare.
What a perfect sandwich to make for brunch! Colorful and it looks amazing.
Brioche and strawberry is an epic combination! Thank you for the recipe!
I am so happy you love this recipe! Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving this comment and rating 😀
A good meal or snack doesn’t have to be complicated and this easy recipe proofs it!
such a beautiful and fancy brunch!! everyone loved it and requested for more!
I love making this for brunch!! Its so pretty and simple and tastes amazing!