Indulge your sweet tooth with this mouth-watering Baileys Tiramisu recipe! With its creamy mascarpone, sweet ladyfingers, and rich Baileys Irish Cream twist, this classic Italian dessert is sure to impress. Easy to make and requiring only a few simple ingredients, this Tiramisu recipe is the perfect dessert for any occasion. Try it today and elevate your dessert game to the next level!
❤️Why you will love this recipe
- Impress your guests: Bring your hosting game to the next level and impress your guests with this tiramisu recipe. Its decadent layers, infused with the richness of Baileys will satisfy any sweet tooth and leave a lasting impression on your guests.
- Elevated classic: The addition of Baileys adds a delicious twist to this classic Italian dessert.
- Versatile Elegance: Whether it's a casual family dinner or a sophisticated gathering, this Baileys Tiramisu effortlessly transitions from a comforting home dessert to an elegant centerpiece for any event.
- Make-Ahead Magic: Perfect for planning ahead, this recipe allows the tiramisu to chill and develop its flavors, making it an ideal make-ahead dessert for entertaining or special occasions.
This Baileys Tiramisu recipe is a perfect dessert to impress your guests or to treat yourself to something indulgent. With its creamy texture, rich flavors, and touch of Baileys Irish Cream, this classic Italian dessert is taken to the next level. Plus, it's easy to make and requires only a few ingredients, making it a great option for any occasion. Get ready to elevate your dessert game with this delicious Baileys Tiramisu recipe.
You won't need a kitchen packed with gadgets to make this delicious Baileys Tiramisu. Keep it simple and efficient with the essentials:
- Mixing Bowls: One large bowl for the main mixture, and a small one or a jar to whisk the egg whites in.
- Whisk or Stan Mixer fitted with a whisk: To smoothly mix together all ingredients.
- Flexible Spatula: This tool helps integrating the stiff egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.
- Casserole Dish: This tool is perfect to layer the tiramisu in. However, any other vessel you have on hand will work as long as you can do at least 2 layers of ladyfingers and mascarpone in the vessel.
- Tablespoon: Do help distributing the coffee and Baileys.
- Plastic Wrap or lid: Essential to cover the tiramisu while it rests in the fridge.
Here is what you will need to make this recipe:
- Eggs: used in the mascarpone cream, the egg yolks provide richness and the egg whites give structure when whipped to stiff peaks.
- Sugar: provides sweetness and helps to stabilize the egg yolks in the mascarpone cream.
- Mascarpone: a creamy Italian cheese that gives the tiramisu its signature rich and velvety texture.
- Baileys Irish Cream: adds a delicious touch of flavor and richness to the tiramisu.
- Espresso: a strong coffee that is the base of the coffee mixture used to soak the ladyfingers.
- Ladyfingers: a type of sweet biscuit that is soaked in the coffee mixture and layered with the mascarpone cream to create the classic tiramisu dessert.
- Cocoa Powder: dusted over the top of the tiramisu, cocoa powder adds a bitter and slightly sweet flavor that balances the richness of the mascarpone cream.
Here is a quick overview of the recipe steps. Please read the recipe card for the full instructions.
Prepare the mascarpone cream.
Mix the espresso and Baileys to soak the ladyfingers in.
Assemble the tiramisu.
Let sit in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Dust with cocoa powder and serve.
You can serve the tiramisu chilled or at room temperature, depending on your preference. It pairs well with a cup of espresso or a glass of dessert wine for a truly decadent experience.
You can prepare the recipe in a casserole dish and scoop it on separate plates to serve or make it fun and prepare the tiramisu in individual glasses.
Once assembled, the Baileys Tiramisu should be covered with plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator. It can be stored for up to 3 days, but it's best to consume it within 24-48 hours for optimal freshness. It's important to note that since this recipe includes raw eggs, the tiramisu should not be consumed after 3 days, even if it's been stored properly in the refrigerator.
If you have leftovers, you can also freeze the tiramisu in an airtight container for up to 2-3 months. To thaw, simply transfer it to the refrigerator and let it defrost overnight. Note that the texture may be slightly affected after freezing, but it will still be delicious.
💭Frequently asked questions
Q: Can I make this recipe gluten free?
A: Yes, you can replace the ladyfingers with gluten free ones. Some stores sell them or you can make them yourself. This is my favorite gluten free ladyfingers recipe.
Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Q: Can I use a different type of cookie instead of ladyfingers?
A: No, ladyfingers are a specific type of cookie that are necessary for this recipe.
Q: Can I use a different type of coffee instead of espresso?
A: Yes, you can use another type of strong coffee in place of espresso.
Q: Can I use decaf espresso in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use decaf espresso if you prefer.
Q: Can I dust the tiramisu with something other than cocoa powder?
A: Yes, you can use grated chocolate or chocolate powder like Caotina, or even fresh berries instead of cocoa powder.
Q: Can I omit the Baileys Irish Cream from the recipe?
A: Yes, you can omit the Baileys Irish Cream from the recipe, but it will alter the flavor and richness of the dessert.
Q: Can I use a substitute for raw eggs in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use pasteurized eggs or egg substitutes instead of raw eggs to make this recipe safe to consume. I have not personally tested it myself so I can not guarantee the same quality of the end product.
More recipes to try
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl or Jar
- Flexible Spatula
- Whisk or Stand Mixer
- Casserole Dish
- Plastic Wrap or Lid
For the Mascarpone Cream
- 4 Eggs
- 80 g Sugar
- 500 g Mascarpone
- 2 tablespoon Baileys
- 2 Espressos
- 4 tablespoon Baileys
- 2 packs Ladyfingers
- Cocoa Powder for dusting
- Begin by making the mascarpone cream. Separate the eggs and add the egg yolks to a large mixing bowl while you keep the egg whites in a smaller bowl.4 Eggs
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks and whisk together until the mixture becomes foamy.80 g Sugar
- Add the mascarpone cheese and 2 tablespoons of Baileys Irish Cream to the mixture and continue to mix until everything is well incorporated.500 g Mascarpone, 2 tablespoon Baileys
- In a separate bowl or jar, whisk the egg whites until they become stiff.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture using a flexible spatula. Be careful not to overmix, or the mascarpone cream may become too runny and not set properly.
- Prepare the espresso or strong coffee and let it cool. Then mix in 4 tablespoons of Baileys Irish Cream.2 Espressos, 4 tablespoon Baileys
- To assemble the tiramisu, place the ladyfingers in a single layer on the bottom of a casserole dish.2 packs Ladyfingers
- Take a teaspoon and pour half of the coffee mixture evenly over the ladyfingers, ensuring that they are all thoroughly soaked with the coffee.
- Spread a layer of the mascarpone cream on top of the ladyfingers, using about half of the mixture.
- Repeat the layering process, with another layer of espresso-soaked ladyfingers followed by the remaining mascarpone cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (or overnight) to allow the flavors to blend together and the cream to set.
- Dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder using a fine meshed sieve and serve. Enjoy!Cocoa Powder
US Customary conversions are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.